On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Petersson Johan
<johan.peters...@sweco.se>wrote:

>    Hi geoserver gurus J
>

> I have a question i hope you can help me with.
>
> I am helping a teacher at the University of Luleå, Sweden, who is going to
> lecture in OpenSource GIS-software class.
>

> He want the students to be able to add their own resources,stores etc, but
> don´t let them see each other stores and layers.
>

> Is this possible?
>
> I can only find roles and groups security stuff, but they don´t help me.

What you are looking for is sometimes called "multitenancy", a software that
is partitioned so that
it has various administrators, each handling his own slice of the whole data
set and config.
GeoServer does not support this mode of operation now, I'm not aware of
plans to implement
it in the short term.

Right now the only way out is to have one GeoServer instance per student
(which may be a lot/too much
to handle in fact)

Tech lead

fax:      +39 0584 962313