On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 9:47 PM, Imran Rajjad <raj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The native JAI is really something which I have seen people taking
> forgranted and there are no clear lines on how to make Geoserver
> register Natve JAI and Image I/O support. The only thing that I have
> seen is that you need to install JAI and Image I/O in you Jdk / JRE
> before running Geoserver , if you have already deployed Geoserver and
> then you install native support, it will never detect native support.

Btw , if you have a different perpective to contribute to the documentation,
with more details, more informations, new tutorials, don't hesitate to
contribute patches for the documentation, it's an open source project
and you can make a difference there. The documentation is in svn,
we have a guide on how to write more here:
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/docguide/

I've been doing this job for too long, it does not even occurr to me to think
that I have to tell people to restart the process after installing a
native libary,
or that it has to be in the search path: when you see these things,
you're in the
perfect position to help out for the docs

Tech lead

Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)

fax:      +39 0584 962313