Also on Geoserver 2.1 you can see the list of fonts available to your JVM on
the Server Status page of Geoserver. Your SLD should work once you have the
correct font installed.

-Miles

From: Edward Mac Gillavry [mailto:emacgilla...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 23 March 2011 6:47 AM
To: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Geoserver-users] Character spacing in SLD TextSymbolizer
[SEC=Unclassified]

Don't know of any parameter to support character spacing.

Are you sure those fonts are available on your system? On Linux, please check
with fc-list command, that is part of the fontconfig package.

Download and install your fonts, for example in "/usr/share/fonts/" and run the
command "fc-cache -f -v" to update the font cache. On Ubuntu it's the
ttf-mscorefonts-installer you need to install fonts such as Arial and Courier.

Regards,

Edward