On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 6:18 PM, Gis Mage <gism...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm doing a pretty strict cartographic map.
> 1. How can I create a LineSymbolizer, which will produce two parallel dash
> lines with 1 px hollow in between?
> Like two same lines with positive and negative offset from centerline by
> 1px.

You create one large dashed line, black, and a white line in the middle
(assuming the background is white).

As far as I know it's the only way to get good looking results.
Or you can use a graphics stroke with the base symbol you want and combine
it with dash array, GS 2.1.x will repeat the symbol following the dash array
as a template.

> 2. How can I create a TextSymbolizer, which will follow the line and will
> have an offset (be above the line at 2px)?

Not possible, we don't have the code that computes a proper offset line.
I tried to implement it but it was quite hard, also the JTS main developer
agreed with me that a single side offset with proper bending in the curves
is very hard to implement, not something that can be done in hours
(I actually already threw days at the problem without luck, thought I'm sure
Martin Davis, the father of JTS, would be able to do it properly)

Tech lead

Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)

fax:      +39 0584 962313