Hi Marianna,

Sometimes after repeated failed uploads some files can linger around on the
server that cause problems. Go to your GEOSERVER_DATA_DIRECTORY  and remove
any lingering files from the "data" directory under it. Then try again.

-Justin

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 2:35 AM, Marianna Borriello <
marianna.borrie...@eng.it> wrote:

>  Dear all,
> I'm trying to upload a shapefile using REST config.
> I use the following command:
>
> *curl -u admin:geoserver -XPUT -H 'Content-type: application/zip'
> --data-binary @C:/cultivated-areas.zip
> http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/workspaces/prova/datastores/test/file.shp
> *
>
> This test fails both on geoserver 2.0.3 and 2.1-RC3 releases, in fact it
> seems to fail while unzipping my source and i got the exception:
> *java.io.IOException: Wrong magic number, expected 9994, got 1347093252* I
> found also in the JIRA the GEOS-3973 "Errors decompressing zipped shapefiles
> when sending them via rest to GeoServer" fixed but I can't do the upload.
>
> Please, can you help me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Marianna

Justin Deoliveira