> try adding matchCase="false" as an attribute to the ogc:PropertyIsLike tag.
>
> As I understand it, it is implemented in GeoServer, but not for all
> datastores (Oracle for sure, other ones I don't know).
Okay, I'll try it. If it works it should be added to OpenLayers. I note
the  matchCase is honoured in Openlayers (though not documented) for
filters other than like but doesnt do it for like.

Ivan - strUpper is possible but setting up functions for generic code
using Openlayers is causing some head scratching for me. The matchCase
mechanism moves the responsibility from client to the wfs server
implementation which is where I think it should be.

--
Phil Scadden, Senior Scientist GNS Science Ltd 764 Cumberland St,
Private Bag 1930, Dunedin, New Zealand Ph +64 3 4799663, fax +64 3 477 5232

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential. If received in error
please destroy and immediately notify us. Do not copy or disclose the contents.