On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 9:17 AM, <torsten.d...@t-systems.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I set up a layer group containing rasters with Geoserver and the integrated
> geowebcache. So far everything runs well but I encountered a strange
> behavior of the Open Layers preview and have a question regarding the zoom
> levels in GWC and OL.
>
> 1.  OL preview
> When I use the building geowebcache demo preview everything is fine, but
> when I use the Open Layers preview from Geoserver the colors in my raster
> are altered/changed. Mainly all red classes/colors are changing into blue.
> When I include the wms (with the Geoserver address) in different clients
> (Qgis and uDig) the colors are displayed correctly. Is this a known issue?
> And does somebody know why this is happening?

Used to happen in 2.1 betas/rcs when the output was encoded in jpeg, but
should not be
happening anymore in RC4. What version are you using?

> 2. Zoom levels in GWC and OL
> When I preview my layer, again in GWC and OL preview, the zoom levels are
> set differently. In my geowebcache.xml I set scale denominators which are
> interpreted correctly in GWC but not in the OL preview. Is this normal/how
> are the zoom levels calculated from the scale denominator?

The GeoServer OL preview is not designed to interact with GWC, however the
built in GWC previews are also made with openlayers and should be setup to
align properly with the GWC grids

Tech lead

fax:      +39 0584 962313
mob:    +39 333 8128928