On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org> wrote:
> On 04/15/2011 09:57 PM, Alan Mangan wrote:
>>
>> We've developed a GeoServer plugin for the NoSQL Mongo database.
>
> Wow !
>

>> We'd like to
>> release this to the community (under a GPL license), but we're uncertain
>> whether
>> the plugin belongs more properly in GeoServer or GeoTools.
>
> In my (very humble) opinion it belongs to GeoTools, as the rest of the
> datastores.

I agree this is the most desirable location. However that would force
it under a LGPL
license, we don't accept mixed license contributions.

Placing it in GeoServer would retain the GPL license, unfortunately it may also
make it unusable from other applications in the GeoToools, like uDig, GeoMajas,
Atlas Styler, 52n WPS and so on.

Tech lead

Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)