On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Hochmeister Rudolf
<rudolf.hochmeis...@wien.gv.at> wrote:
> Hi geoserver team,
>
> We are planning to setup a public WFS with geoserver.
> Therefore I have some questions:
>
> a)Is it possible to disable the WEB GUI completely?

I believe you should be able to remove the GUI completely by getting
rid of all the web-* jar files in WEB-INF/lib.
It's been a while since I did it last time, not sure if that is still working
or not (we don't have tests checking GS can start up without the GUI).

> b)The xsi:schemaLocation and the OnlineResource of the
> WFS-GetCapabilites.xml
>  are always encoded with the local machine name plus portnumber, which
> is sensitive info that should not get outside.
>  Is there a way to replace it with a geoserver config entry?

I think that in the WFS configuration on 2.1.x there is a flag to make it use
the canonical locations, which are on schemas.opengis.net:

"Encode canonical WFS schema location"

Tech lead

Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)