On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 5:51 AM, Anders Söderman
<anders.soder...@gisassistans.se> wrote:
> Hello – I´ve spent several days trying to get QGIS 1.6 “talking” to
> GeoServer on Windows XP sp3.

I've just tried QGIS 1.6 against my local GeoServer:
- if I provide the WMS 1.1 caps link everything works
- if I provide the WMS 1.3 caps link the layers in geographic
coordinates do not work... maybe
  QGis is not handling the WMS 1.3 axis flipping?
  It may be so, see this bug report:
  http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3305
  In fact QGIS 1.6 cannot handle that wms 1.3 server either.

Tech lead

Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)

fax:      +39 0584 962313