2011/4/28 ΑΠΟΣΤΟΛΟΣ ΛΕΛΕΝΤΖΗΣ <lelentzisaposto...@gmail.com>:
> Hello list!
>
> I want to configure the security settings of geoserver.
> I read the user manual and i understood the capabilities of the data
> security settings and service security settings.
> But.. i want to serve the WMS service at only one format like jpeg.
> Could anyone tell me what are the required actions for doing this?

Change the code. There is no way to limit the formats served by GeoServer now.

> I saw that the GetMap operation of WMS 1.1.1 support the geotiff format!!
> So, if i publish some images and i "lock" the WCS service, then someone will
> be able to download the image!

Nope, WMS only builds images, if you have, say, a DEM and you try to
get it via WMS you'll get back a GeoTiff in RGB format anyways.
WMS can only produce styled images, won't return the actual data behind it
Well, unless the actual data is already in RGB format, but in that case there
really not much you can do about it, everyone with basic knowledge of
GIS can take a PNG and georeference it based on the WMS request
and then convert it back to a GeoTiff

Tech lead

Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)