On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 4:54 PM, rm <rmaure...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have been trying to migrate from 1.7.5 to 2.0.3.  In lieu of recreating all
> 8 workspaces, 21 stores, 9 layers, & 89 styles via the website forms, I was
> hoping I could just use the services.xml and catalog.xml to transfer them.

The automatic update procedure was tested quite a few times but I believe
only with Jetty and Tomcat.

If anybody is interested in proving help in keeping tabs on other containers
like Glassfish we would appreciate the help very much.

Looking at your logs it seems something went wrong during the conversion
process (there is a resource not associated with a store)... did you provide
GeoServer with the entire data directory to convert?
It should not only read services and catalog, but also featureTypes and
coverages, and should generate a workspaces directory in their place
plus global.xml, wfs.xml, wms.xml, wcs.xml and logging.xml

Tech lead

Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)

fax:      +39 0584 962313