On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 11:26 PM, Lonnie Matsuno
<lonnie.mats...@valtus.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking at a data directory properties file after publishing an
> imagemosaic store/layer and noticed a couple of new properties:
> Heterogeneous=false and Caching=true

I'm not the expert, but as far as I know:
- Heterogeneous=true enables support for tiles with mixed resolution/crs.
  It adds overhead if the mosaic is really not heterogeneous because we
  have to check each tile resolution and crs before mosaicking it
- caching I'm not sure, but I believe it enables caching in memory metadata
  about the tiles (which means, it gets faster but you have to avoid changing
  the tiles under GeoServer feets)...

Mind I'm not the mosaic plugin writer, so I might have guessed the above wrong

Tech lead

Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)

fax:      +39 0584 962313