Thanks a lot ! ! !

Cheers,

Roman.

--- On Tue, 5/31/11, Harikumar Reddy <harik....@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Harikumar Reddy <harik....@gmail.com>
Subject: Fwd: [Geoserver-users] Publish information through GeoServer
To: "Roman Isitua" <romanisi...@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, May 31, 2011, 9:23 PM

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eric Grosso <eric.grosso...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:32 PM
To: Javier Maestu <javier.mae...@gmail.com>
Cc: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi Javier,

You can use indeed the REST api to do it. You've got two pure Java clients to
help you that way (or you can use the cURL library if you prefer):
- the original one, gsrcj: http://code.google.com/p/gsrcj/
- or the new one, geoserver manager: http://code.google.com/p/geoserver-manager/
Both provide good examples and are easy to use (if you want plenty of examples,
check the unit tests).

"Is possible that I have to publish this 25 shapefiles once each six months,
and I would need to publish this data in a simple way."
It depends on what you want to do:
- if it's just an update (same names of your files, same SRS and same area),
you can just replace your "old" data by the new one,
- if you want to add 25 other shapefiles, use the REST api again.

Hope it can help you.

Cheers,
Eric

On 26 May 2011 17:08, Javier Maestu <javier.mae...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I’m newbie with GeoServer, I know other projects like MapServer, but I’m very
interested in GeoServer because they have some interesting functionalities.
I’m doing my first test and I have a question:

-          I have 25 shapefiles and I would like to publish all the shapefiles
(25)
-          Using the administrator I have to publish each one of the shapefiles
(defining bounds, SRS…) , one by one.

Do you know if they are any feature to publish all the shapefiles  at once?
Reading the documentation I see that the REST api could be helpful, but I’m not
sure.

Is possible that I have to publish this 25 shapefiles once each six months, and
I would need to publish this data in a simple way.
All the help would be appreciated!
Regards,

Javier.