Hi,

We configured SQL views (oracle 11g r2) in geoserver for single geometry
type (like continents, countries, states, districts, cities, villages etc.
are present in one table but views configured for different admin type
layers with SQL views) and working fine till now.

I think it is possible to strore multiple geometry types into a oracle
spatial table and access through views. It stores geometry with clear
differentiation (like 2001, 2002, 2003 for points, lines & polygons). If
there is no future insertions/updates, i hope it may be OK.
If updates are there, then considering separate table for different geometry
types.

Initially we were also thinking of problems, but views are working fine for
us for single geometry type as mentioned above.

Regards,
Hari.