Hi,

   I want to use rest api for geoserver , so I downloaded geoserver-2.1.0,
since the rest is inbuilt in it. I am able to see the content at
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest like such links. This makes me think
that rest is installed. But when I use the curl commands for creating a
workspace/store/layer I am getting the error as "system cannot find the file
specified".

   http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/workspaces
>System cannot find the file specified.

I heard that the rest jar files which come inbuilt in geoserver are not
complete and so replacing them by downloading from online would suffice my
problem. Is that true?? if so, where can I find the rest jar files(plugin
extension) for downloading???

I dont find any rest plugin at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/geoserver/files/GeoServer%20Extensions/2.1.0/