On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 12:22 PM,  <thorsten.muel...@mettenmeier.de> wrote:
> Hi Andrea,
>
> thanks for your quick answer but I don't get it. I already build a SLD based
> upon your recommended documentation. The question is: Why is a polygon
> geometry (from Oracle DB)  rendered as a point AND as a linestring AND as a
> polygon at the same time, although sld rules are splitted with ogc:filter
> dealing with geometryType? My expected behaviour would be that if geometry
> is a polygon, rule with geometryType = Polygon is rendered only. Same if
> geometry is a linestring , rule with geometryType = LineString is rendered
> only and so on.
>
> Am I misunderstanding the whole Rule-Filter -Stuff?

Looked at the data you sent me and figure out the problem: the guide suggests
invalid SLD (it's PropertyIsEqualTo, not PropertyIsEqualsTo),
nobody hit the "validate" button in the style editor to check it, and
the parser is built to just ignore the parts it does not recognize...
result, you get
a style in memory that has no filters.

I'm attaching a version that works against postgis (mind the lowercase the_geom)
to this mail.

I've also fixed the user guide, and I guess we might have to rethink the way
we handle validation.
Now, we cannot make it compulsory because due to the extensions a parseable
document does not always validate, but I guess we should prompt the user for
confirmation in case she wants to save a invalid document.

Tech lead

Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)

fax:      +39 0584 962313