Hello all,
We are embarking on a kayaking trip in the area north east of Quebec City.  We
will need some fairly detailed topo maps for a few small regions in that area
once we arrive.  The Canadian Gov't provides a topo WMS service with great
looking maps.  But we won't have an internet connection when we are driving
around that area trying to find the destination rivers.  So this is what I'm
thinking about doing:
-Setting up GeoServer on my lap top-Adding the govt' external WMS server as an
external WMS Server in GeoServer-Creating a tile seed using GeoWebCache (again,
we only need a few small areas at maybe three zoom scales)
Then I plan to take the laptop with me and fire up GeoServer in the car.  We
won't have an internet connection at that point.  Then I'd like to view the
cached tiles via the layer preview with the OpenLayers interface.  Is that
possible?   Will the OpenLayers preview still display the cached tiles when I'm
disconnected the external WMS?  If not the preview, a seperate OpenLayers
interface that points at the tiles?
Thanks,
Alex