Hi -

     I am having the following problem installing the GDAL plugins in
GeoServer 2.1.1 on RHEL5:

Jul 22, 2011 10:43:50 AM
it.geosolutions.imageio.gdalframework.GDALUtilities loadGDAL
WARNING: Failed to load the GDAL native libs. This is not a problem
unless you need to use the GDAL plugins: they won't be
enabled.java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/opt/jdk1.6.0_23/jre/lib/i386/libgdaljni.so: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6:
version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by
/opt/jdk1.6.0_23/jre/lib/i386/libgdal.so.1)

I found information about downloading a later version of libstdc++ and
putting it into a separate directory on the net, so I tried that.
I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the new libstdc++. No luck.

I edited catalina.sh and added the argument
'-Djava.library.path="/path/to/new/libstdc++.so" to the invocation of
tomcat. Still no luck.

Anyone have any ideas?

Garey Mills
Library Systems Office