On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Gregory Giuliani
<gregory.giuli...@unepgrid.ch> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Following my previous email on "Continuous map wrapping", I have a second
> question concerning raster reprojection.
> I have an OpenLayers application with some OpenStreeMap (in EPSG:900913) and
> I want to overlay a raster dataset stored in GeoServer (in EPSG:4326) and
> published as WMS service.
> I thought the GeoServer reprojects data sets on the fly but unfortunately I
> get an error message:
> <ServiceException>
> Error rendering coverage on the fast path
> org.opengis.geometry.MismatchedReferenceSystemException: The coordinate
> reference system must be the same for all objects.
> The coordinate reference system must be the same for all objects.

This one might be a bug, but we need the full stack trace and possibly
data + request to reproduce.
If this can be reproduce with 2.1.2 please attach the information to a
bug report at jira.codehaus.org

> However, if you do exactly the same but with a vector data set (in EPSG:4326)
> and published as WMS, then it works!

Completely different code path, the "direct raster path" is enabled
only if there is a single raster and
it's significantly faster (and scales up a lot better), when there is
more than one layer that code path
cannot be used and we fall back on the slower, but tested over more
years, generic map building
path.

You can disable the direct raster path by giving the JVM running
GeoServer the following system
variable:
-Dorg.geoserver.render.raster.direct.disable=true

With that one enabled you'll use the old and more tested (but slower)
map rendering code for single
rasters as well.

Tech lead

Via Poggio alle Viti 1187