Hi,

I'm reading through the security levels in the documentation manual,
I'm a little bit confused with the Layer-level security and
Service-level security.  According to the manual "Layer-level security
and Service-level security cannot be combined. For example, it is not
possible to specify access to a specific OGC service on one specific
layer."

I need to assign roles and permissions to the possible scenario below:

roles:
admin - to manage the server
editor - allow wfs-t editing
public - access only wms

users:
user1 - is the admin
user2 - editor
user3 - editor
user4 - editor

What I want is to limit editing (editor) to a specific layer but allow
others to access the WMS.  How do I assign security levels in this
scenario?

As a follow-up, can user2 to user4 edit the same layer all at the same
time?  I'm currently using opengeosuite and editing is via the
standard geoeditor shipped i the opengeosuite.

--
cheers,
maning