Hello Everyone ,

I have an installation environment in a virtual machine with CentOS 5.5.6 as
operating system , Tomcat 5.5.23, JDK 1.6.0.24,  Geoserver 2.1-RC2, Geonetwork.
By the time the administrator upgraded CPU and RAM geoserver throws an error on
tomcat start up
"validateJarFile(/home/mikevdg/tomcat/webapps/geoserver_2.1/WEB-INF/lib/servlet-api-2.4.jar)
 - jar not loaded.  Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class". After tomcat
starts in tomcat manager, geoserver is not started and when i am trying to
start it i get FAIL - Application at context path /geoserver could not be
started.

I disabled AdvancedDispatchFilter in web.xml and
afterwards i remove the servlet-api-2.4 jar from
geoserver/WEB-INF/lib and tomcat crashes.

Also i shoud inform you that i am facing also a problem with geonetwork but not
with the same error messages (the errors are relative with the address that is
running)

Could you please help me?