I have recently upgraded from GeoServer 1.7.3 to GeoServer 2.1.

I am having trouble creating a layer from a GeoTif.

I created a new Store (type=GeoTIFF) using a .tif file that has always
worked fine in the past with the older geoServer.

That seemed to work OK.

Then I attempted to create a new Layer (using Layer - Add NewResource).

The new DataStore was on the drop down list so I selected that.

Then I provided some information on the "Layer/Data" and
"Layer/Publishing" tabs and when I saved it didn't give any error
messages.

However it stayed on this page that is used for defining the Layer.

When I went to the list of "Layers" my new Layer had not appeared so I
guess that means it  has not been created.

And it was not in the Layer Preview either.

I noticed from the supplied example of a GeoTif ("sfdem.tif") that there
should be a "coveragestore.xml", "coverage.xml" and "layer.xml".

I only have a "coveragestore.xml" at the moment.

Is there anything obvious that I've forgotten to do ?

Peter Turvey