On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Turvey, Peter G (UK)
<peter.tur...@baesystems.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Andrea,
>
> I do actually use forward slashes when I create the new Store.
> i.e.   Connection Parameters file:data/TIF/filename.tif
>
> But when I look in the log file I get that line I mentioned before which has
> backslashes in it.
>
> INFO [store.panel] - Could not convert file:data\TIF\filename.tif into
> canonical form
> java.io.IOEXCEPTION : The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is
> incorrect
>

> I have used this file before with an earlier version of geoserver 1.7.3 and
> it was fine so I don't think there's anything wrong with the .tif file itself.

I've just tried 2.1.2 on a XP VM I have around, setting a tiff file in
the data directory
with a path similar to yours, and then go pick it up with the file
chooser, which
resulted in a path like:
file:data/TIF/DEM_Vulcano_Lipari_Salina4326.tiff

And then published it... without problems.

Not sure, maybe it is specific to your enviroment.
Is the data dir on some shared disk for example?

Tech lead

Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)

fax:      +39 0584 962313