Yes, you should ask on the MapFish list.  The GeoServer extension provides
almost no special integration with the GeoServer; it is just an easier way
to deploy (one WAR instead of two.)  So whatever configuration you must do
for authenticated WMS will be applicable here as well.

--
David Winslow
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011