Van: Andrea Aime [mailto:andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it]
Verzonden: dinsdag 10 januari 2012 14:56
Aan: Martijn Coenen
CC: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Onderwerp: Re: [Geoserver-users] Geoserver 2.1.2 REST and SLD

Ian wrote:
> They are actually the same as strokes default to 1px black lines if
> nothing is set in them, Odd that they are formatted differently though
> - are there two serialization paths in use here?
Correct, when using non-default values, REST will return the correct SLD (or at
least, the values saved) but with a default value used, it will return the
value as "none" or in XML terms, as node without value or children.

The SLD is rewritten to reformat it, in the process all default values are
"stripped". Actually not
stripped, it's just that to reformat it the SLD is parsed in its memory
representation, and the
writer won't ever write out the default values.

I don't think skipping the reformat is possible with the current code

Tech lead

fax:      +39 0584 962313
mob:    +39 339 8844549

http://www.geo-solutions.it