On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Emmanuel Séguin <emmanuel.seg...@ign.fr>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to be able to change the default Title and Abstract of a
> LayerGroup. I did not find a way to achieve it using the web admin
> interface or the xml config files. So :
>
> * Is it possible to do it ?

I don't believe so

> * If not : Is this improvement planned in the Geoserver roadmap ?

There is really no roadmap, the commits you see flow every day originate
mostly
out of paid projects and support contracts, and for a lesser part out of
what devs
have fun doing in their spare time.
Neither of them is really "predictable", thus the lack of an actual roadmap.

That said, I'm not aware of anyone working on said feature in the short
term.
If you have the ability to develop it in house jump on the developer
mailing list
and ask for directions, as this would require new configuration items, and
that
is sometimes a bit annoying to get right without breaking backwards
compatibility
(especially on the stable 2.1.x series)

Tech lead

fax:      +39 0584 962313