From: steven.sieb...@t-3-solutions.com
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:43:58 -0500
To: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Geoserver-users] mbtiles support

Hello,

I've checked the email archives, JIRA, and the project Roadmap and see no
mention of supporting MBTiles in GeoServer.  I did, however, see a few external
blogs mentioning that it was on a "long list" of items to support.

I did briefly go through the trunk branch and the branches branch on the SVN
and didn't see any existing project for this.

Is there any community effort on this particular issue at the moment that I'm
not seeing?  Is there interest by the community for something like this in
GeoServer?

If creating an extension for GeoServer is the route I go...I see that GDAL has
support for mbtiles. Can anybody give advice on this would be the right
approach for the GeoServer architecture, our supporting the mbtiles
specification directly would be more preferable.  Any other info/interest in
this would be good to know, which would influence myself/my company in
investing in this effort.

Regards,

Steve