On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 1:35 PM, sbartosz <bartosz.sr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Not sure, it may be that the wfs schema locks prevent wfs feature
>> collection parsing
>> and generation at the same time (just a guess, could be wrong here).
>>

> Could you explain it more fully? Why does processing freeze? No exception is
> thrown.

The xml parsing/encoding subsystem is a complex and fragile piece of software
that has to deal with schemas that were not known about when the code is
compiled, so it has to build knowledge about them at runtime instead.
This "schema cache" is not thread safe and needs to be locked, when one
portion of GeoServer needs to update it the others have to wait.
What I imagine is going on is that the wps parsing and the wfs encoding
there are happening at the same time, generating a deadlock.
But I'm not sure, it's just a guess.

> geowolf wrote
>>
>> If you need to pull data from inside GeoServer it's much better to use the
>> xlink:href="http://geoserver/wfs"; url, which is a fake one GeoServer
>> will recognize
>> and will make it so that the data is fed into the process directly
>> from the source,
>> without going through parsing and encoding of the GML
>>

> <wps:Reference mimeType="text/xml; subtype=wfs-collection/1.0"
> xlink:href="http://geoserver/wfs"; method="POST">
>  <wps:Body>
>    <wfs:GetFeature service="WFS" version="1.0.0" outputFormat="GML2">
>        <wfs:Query typeName="emuia_rysy:EMT_ULICA"/>
>    </wfs:GetFeature>
>  </wps:Body>
> </wps:Reference>
>
> Is this ok?