On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Nikolai Bock
<nikolai.b...@geoinform.fh-mainz.de> wrote:
> Hi Andrea,
>
> okay here is a little explanation.
> The VectorToRaster process was only a test of useability of using
> WPS-Transformation in raster symbolizer.
> My task is a distribution map or heatmap of point-vector-based data.
> So I found this blog
> http://geo-solutions.blogspot.com/2011/01/developers-corner-have-your-sld.html
> and thought this will be an good solution.
> Now I will produce an panchromatic image in my own geoserver wps and
> colorize it with SLD raster symbolization. Okay it would be possible produce
> RGB(A) image in wps a well, but so I'm flexible in SLD with the
> presentation.
> Now I can produce my heatmap in all WMS output formats that perform raster
> images.
>
> I tested the sld with both version. 2.1.3 and nightly build from yesterday.
> :-)
> In nightly build version it works now.

Nice. Heatmaps are certainly a "hot" topic :-p
Do you plan to contribute the heatmap generation code back to GeoServer?

Ah, the two ongoing discussions here might be of interest to you as well:
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Need-to-use-ThreadLocal-for-per-request-storage-in-RenderingTransformation-processes-td4505658.html
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Clarification-on-implementation-of-Rendering-Transformation-processes-td4529496.html

Tech lead

Via Poggio alle Viti 1187