Hi Jay,

I'm experiencing a similar issue, however I can access the demo pages, but
when I use our own workspace it appears to time out.

If I edit the request and remove the Workspace namespace from
xsi:schemaLocation, but leave xmlns:feature in place, then the request
succeeds.

In OpenLayers if I remove featureNS then I can see the features on the map,
however I can not save them.

Anyway - perhaps you are experiencing something similar in regards to the
workspace name space.