Well if it's useful to both of you in the context of the REST API it's
probably worth at least putting a link to the docs from somewhere in
the REST docs. Patches welcome, especially for docs (and indeed if
there's other REST stuff you've discovered and have some time to
document it'd be super welcome documentation).

We also could potentially consider a shortcut in the REST API to the
reflector, so you could use the same layer endpoint to get a
visualization. Though that probably warrants a larger conversation, as
it takes us from a REST API just for configuration to more
functionality.