Hi Jonathan,

UMN MapServer is referenced in the comparison as a client, see [1] and [2].
However, as you have already noticed, since all of those clients support at
least OGC-WMS they could work with Geoserver services.

Regards,

Germán
-----------
[1] http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_client.html
[2] http://mapserver.org/ogc/wfs_client.html

2012/6/12 Jonathan Moules <jonathanmou...@warwickshire.gov.uk>

> Hi List,
> We're tenatively investigating web mapping clients for an internal system.
> I've come across a very comprehensive list here -
> http://geotux.tuxfamily.org/index.php/en/component/k2/item/291-comparacion-clientes-web-v6
>
> However I can't help but notice that there's not a single reference on
> there to GeoServer; lots of MapServer though. Some of them will be
> compatible anyway via WMS/WFS etc, so I was wondering: What web-mapping
> clients does GeoServer support well natively? or from the other angle -
> What clients work well with GeoServer?
> Ideally we're looking for full featured clients (i.e. measure, query,
> advanced query) rather than just a basic openlayers-esque thing.
>
> Thanks,
> Jonathan
>

> This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may
> contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and
> should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or
> authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or
> disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error
> please notify the sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us,
> including without limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording
> and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.

   |\__
(:>__)(
   |/

Soluciones Geoinformáticas Libres