I'm using the Geoserver WPS Builder Demo in order to generate WPS
requests. I am successfully able to run some of these processes using
TEXT or LAYER inputs. However, I have been unable to run any WPSs
using the REFERENCE input, and passing in an appropriate WCS or WFS
URL.

To be more specific, I am trying to run a simple JTS:area or
JTS:buffer WPS. For input, I have a simple shapefile that is hosted on
Geoserver, and passing in the WFS query for the features in this
shapefile. The query succeeds on it's own. However, when passing into
WPS Builder, and clicking "Execute", the GUI gets stuck on "Loading",
no processing is done, and no errors are present in the Geoserver
logs. My request looks something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wps:Execute version="1.0.0" service="WPS"
xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0";
xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs";
xmlns:wps="http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0";
xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1";
xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml";
xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc";
xmlns:wcs="http://www.opengis.net/wcs/1.1.1";
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0
http://schemas.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0/wpsAll.xsd";>
  <ows:Identifier>JTS:area</ows:Identifier>
  <wps:DataInputs>
    <wps:Input>
      <ows:Identifier>geom</ows:Identifier>
      <wps:Reference mimeType="text/xml; subtype=gml/3.1.1"
xlink:href="http://geoserver:8080/geoserver/ab/ows?service=WFS&amp;version=1.1.0&amp;request=GetFeature&amp;typeName=MyFeatures";
method="GET"/>
    </wps:Input>
  </wps:DataInputs>
  <wps:ResponseForm>
    <wps:RawDataOutput>
      <ows:Identifier>result</ows:Identifier>
    </wps:RawDataOutput>
  </wps:ResponseForm>
</wps:Execute>

Anyone have an idea what might be wrong with my WPS request?

Thanks,
Patrick