Hello All,

I just installed GeoServer 2.1.4 and when running for the first time,
noticed the following in the log:

617 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - jetty-6.1.8

Native library load failed.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.gdal.gdal.gdalJNI.HasThreadSupport()I

Jun 13, 2012 10:21:00 AM it.geosolutions.imageio.gdalframework.GDALUtilities
loadGDAL

WARNING: Failed to load the GDAL native libs. This is not a problem unless
you need to use the GDAL plugins: they won't be
enabled.java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
org.gdal.gdal.gdalJNI.VersionInfo__SWIG_0(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Stri
ng;

I then proceeded to install the native JAI and JAI Image I/O extensions and
support for GDAL image formats as documented in the User Manual and just as
I have been doing since GeoServer 2.1.2. Still, the error appears at startup
and I do not have support for the Raster Data Sources supported by the GDAL
library. This problem happens regardless of if I use JRE 1.6 or 1.7 (both
from Oracle).

I did not have this problem with GeoServer 2.1.2 or 2.1.3.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

-- john

John Koehring - Senior Software Developer
Exponent - Technology Development

23445 N 19th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85027
c: 480-236-9739  w: 623-587-6776  f: 623-581-8814