Hi all,

Recently I configured a datastore and layer with aerial photos to be served
by geoserver. I've got about 3000 GeoTIFF's with a size up to 150 MB.
During configuration the ImageMosaic plugin iterates the files to create an
index in form of a shape file.

Next day, when the aerial layer is requested, the index seems not to be in
memory anymore. So, the geoserver(plugin)
opens the shapefile, iterates the index and seems to try to find each file
again.
With about 3000 GeoTIFF's, the firsts requests always time out.

Can this behaviour be addressed by configuration of geoserver? What other
options are there to speed up serving this aerial layer?

regards, G