On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 09:35:29 PM johnrobot wrote:
> Hi
> I am having trouble adding an image pyramid created using FME. I have the
> following:
>
> - A folder (D:\Ortofoto\2010_pyramid) containing subfolders (0, 1, 2...)
> with tiled images
> - In each of these subfolders, there is a index SHP-file (called
> 2010_pyramid). The attribute location contains the name of the corresponding
> TIF file for each polygon in the SHP file. The images and the polygons
> match spatially.
> - In the folder D:\Ortofoto\2010_pyramid, I have added the files
> 2010_pyramid.prj and 2010_pyramid.properties.
>
> When I try to add the pyramid in GeoServer, I get the error message
>
> "Could not list layers for this store, an error occurred retrieving them:
> Unable to create reader for this mosaic since we could not parse the
> configuration."
>
> What am I missing? Do I need any extra files, rename files, move any of the
> files or edit the properties file? I am having trouble finding any
> documentation besides
> http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/tutorials/imagepyramid/imagepyramid
> .html (which doesn´t really document the properties of the image pyramid
> data set). I use GeoServer 2.1.4 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, 64
> bit. I have added a zip file containing:
>
> - Sample data from level 7 of the pyramid (TIF and SHP)
> - 2010_pyramid.prj
> - 2010_pyramid.properties
> http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4983886/2010_pyramid.zip
> 2010_pyramid.zip

In each of the subfolders you also need a file called 2010_pyramid.prj and
2010_pyramid.properties.

The 2010_pyramid.prj should be a copy of the one in the root directory.

The 2010_pyramid.properties should look something like:

Name=2010_pyramid
LocationAttribute=location
LevelsNum=1
Envelope2D=<line copied from root properties file>
Levels=<xres,yres>

I haven't found any documentation but this is what geoserver generates when it
successfully generates a pyramid and trial and error shows it works.

>From experience, the Envelope2D in the subdirectory files must match
Envelope2D in the root directory. The Levels in the subdirectory file does not
need to match the respective value for Levels in the root directory (I surmise
Levels in the subdirectory should match the resolution of the TIFFs while
Levels in the root directory is used to select which subdirectory to use).

Hope this helps
Gordon