Hello,

We are using REST to DELETE style information from Geoserver. It works very
well except on one implementation at one of our customers.
A DELETE request returns a 405 error. Normally this would be a MIME-type issue,
but in this case the mime types are just fine.

The setup is: IIS 7, Geoserver (2.1.2) on Tomcat via ISAPI redirect.

When looking in the Geoserver logfile, I noticed the following when trying to
delete o10004_kol1.sld:

2012-07-05 12:19:52,269 DEBUG
[security.RESTfulPathBasedFilterInvocationDefinitionMap] - ~~~~~~~~~~ antPath=
/** methodList= [Ljava.lang.String;@22880c2b
2012-07-05 12:19:52,269 DEBUG
[security.RESTfulPathBasedFilterInvocationDefinitionMap] - method[0]: GET
2012-07-05 12:19:52,269 DEBUG
[security.RESTfulPathBasedFilterInvocationDefinitionMap] - Candidate is:
'/rest/styles/o10004_kol1'; antPath is /**; matchedPath=true;
matchedMethods=true
2012-07-05 12:19:52,269 DEBUG [ows.OWSHandlerMapping] - Looking up handler for
[/rest/styles/O10004_kol1]
2012-07-05 12:19:52,269 DEBUG [catalog.rest] - GET style O10004_kol1
2012-07-05 12:19:52,285 DEBUG [geoserver.rest] - Failed to lookup template
O10004_kol1.ftl
java.io.FileNotFoundException: Template O10004_kol1.ftl not found.

It says it cannot find a FTL file.  What is this FTL file? Never heard of it
and surely we never used it before for deleting a style via REST.

Anyone with some indept knowledge about this? If needed, I have a complete
logfile (on VERBOSE level).

Best regards,
Martijn Coenen

[Beschrijving: Beschrijving: Beschrijving:
http://www.covadis.nl/emailkop/logo.gif]

Covadis b.v.

t: 026 3616600

Geograaf 12