Allesandro,

the mappingName tag was introduced for this use case, to allow
multiply-defined non-feature types to each have a unique internal name
so chaining is unambiguous:
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/data/app-schema/feature-chaining.html#multiple-mappings-of-the-same-type
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/data/app-schema/mapping-file.html#typemappings-and-featuretypemapping

(Credit to Rini for both the implementation and detailed documentation.)

Kind regards,
Ben.

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>