Hi,

I've been using Geoserver with IIS 7 for more than 2 years now with
the AJP13 connector.
The AJP13 connector is a bit tricky to configure but once you've set
it up correctly it gives a lot
of possibilities including load balancing across multiple
geoserver/tomcat instances etc.

When using this connector, all requests will be served by IIS and will
all be at the same domain and port.

It's very strange that jetty has problems setting HTTP response
headers like Access-Control-Allow-Origin
That would probably be the easiest solution for your problem..

-sjoerd