On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Peter Hopfgartner <
peter.hopfgart...@r3-gis.com> wrote:

> In GeoServer, nightly build of August, 13, When I try to reproject a
> vector layer from EPSG:25832 TO EPSG:31251, I get an exception like:
>   Process failed during execution
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not create math transform
>
> The same runs fine if I transform into a number of other CRSs, like
> EPSG:4326, EPSG:900913, etc.
>
> What's it, that I'm messing up, here?

Sigh, back in GeoTools ReprojectingFeatureCollection is eatin the original
exception at line
131

The reason why it's throwin an exception is that a few lines ago the code
is not asking for
a lenient transformation, and the referencing code throws this:

        CRS.findMathTransform(CRS.decode("EPSG:25832"),
CRS.decode("EPSG:31251"));
    }

Exception in thread "main"
org.opengis.referencing.operation.OperationNotFoundException: Bursa wolf
parameters required.
at
org.geotools.referencing.operation.DefaultCoordinateOperationFactory.createOperationStep(DefaultCoordinateOperationFactory.java:1082)
at
org.geotools.referencing.operation.DefaultCoordinateOperationFactory.createOperationStep(DefaultCoordinateOperationFactory.java:1175)
at
org.geotools.referencing.operation.DefaultCoordinateOperationFactory.createOperationStep(DefaultCoordinateOperationFactory.java:892)
at
org.geotools.referencing.operation.DefaultCoordinateOperationFactory.createOperationStep(DefaultCoordinateOperationFactory.java:945)
at
org.geotools.referencing.operation.DefaultCoordinateOperationFactory.createOperation(DefaultCoordinateOperationFactory.java:282)
at
org.geotools.referencing.operation.BufferedCoordinateOperationFactory.createOperation(BufferedCoordinateOperationFactory.java:256)
at org.geotools.referencing.CRS.findMathTransform(CRS.java:1150)
at org.geotools.referencing.CRS.findMathTransform(CRS.java:1118)
at Transform.main(Transform.java:7)

The code should simply be:
CRS.findMathTransform(CRS.decode("EPSG:25832"), CRS.decode("EPSG:31251"),
true );

instead. The fix is easy, but someone has to write a test before it can be
 committed.
Do you have a checkout of GeoTools and time to look into it?

Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.

@geowolf
Technical Lead