Unfortunately, the CAS module did not find its way into 2.2.0, it is
scheduled for 2.2.1 next month.

If there is some interest, I can send a custom jar which has to be
dropped into the WEB-INF/lib directory of the GeoServer installation.

If there is some interest, I will formulate a short description of the
configuration.

The CAS authentication works for OGC services and accepts
service/proxy tickets with an optional (but recommended) creation of
an HTTP session.

Christian