> I have hosted number of Land cover maps (Geotiff format) in Geoserver
> (2.2) and accessing them as WMS in the client.
> GetFeatureinfo gives fid and PALETTE_INDEX.
>
> I would like to customize the feature info template so that we can see
> the Landcover name and some other info (like pics) when we click on a
> landcover type pixel.
>
> Is it possible to do this using free marker templates on Geotiff backend?
>
> We managed to customize the feature info templates for postgis backend
> WMS'es. But couldn't get it for the raster backends.

I would strongly consider creating the response in the client instead.
Get geoserver to send GML and create custom popup etc based on the
response in the client. It might be slightly slower but the javascript
gives you more control and logic than template do.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential. If received in error
please destroy and immediately notify us. Do not copy or disclose the contents.