Le 2012-11-07 16:30, Landry Breuil a écrit :
> On 11/07/12 16:18, christian.muel...@nvoe.at wrote:

Hi christian, and thank you very much for your (and the community)
works on the auth subsystem, allowing us to use an unpatched GS in
geOrchestra.

>> You have a relationship of trust between the proxy and GeoServer. If
>> the
>> proxy send the header sec-uname the principal is considered as
>> authenticated and the role ROLE_AUTHENTICATED is assigned. If you
>> send
>> sec-uname:anonymous the anonymous user is handled as any other user.

OK, Landry, I didn't catch the point with anonymousUser but you're
right, the secproxy has to make sure that anon users are not
ROLE_AUTHENTICATED. I agree, we have to send an empty header.

> With that, i correctly get 401 codes when unauthenticated and trying
> to access a protected layer behind my proxy

Good point ! And thanks for your tests.