Hi list,

We are deploying a wfs-g with Geoserver here.

After some searches it seems we have two options :
- 1°/ using app-schema to have a wfs response compatible with this
year's OGC Application profile (see :
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/difference-between-wfs-and-wfs-g-td4984403.html)
- 2°/ there is a Gazetteer API based on Geoserver developed under ALA
geospatial components (see
http://code.google.com/p/alageospatialportal/wiki/GazetteerApi). But it
seems it will be retired  (see :
http://code.google.com/p/alageospatialportal/issues/detail?id=409)

We'll be going for the app-schema solution but still I have some questions :
- from what I saw on geoserver's list, we are not the only one aiming at
using app-schema for wfs-g stuff. Where have you guys downloaded the
latest version of ISO19112.xsd (the one used in OGC's latest application
profile) ?

- app-schema is a mapping to an application schema, afaik there is no
indexing on searches. We did some pre-tests with nominatim here
(OpenStreetMap's "gazetteer" :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim). It has specific tables
and data pre-processing when importing in order to optimize the response
time. When you import data it scans labels to generate and store regular
expressions that would we be used in the search afterwards.
Is there an equivalent we could use in GeoServer (apart from fine index
tuning in our PostGIS database) ?

- as anyone from geoserver's list taken a look at what's done under ALA
Gazetteer API ? There are also some CSIRO committers in it

Cheers
Sylvain