From: Justin Deoliveira [mailto:jdeol...@opengeo.org]
Sent: 20. november 2012 20:57
To: Andrea Aime
Cc: Jes Wulfsberg Nielsen; geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Geoserver-users] ClassCastException: FilteringFeatureCollection
cannot be cast to SimpleFeatureCollection

I believe this was this issue:

  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOS-5377

Which unless i am mistaken was fixed slightly after the 2.2.1 release (Oct 28).

You may want to try out a recent nightly build, or wait until 2.2.2 is released.

-Justin
On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Andrea Aime