Hi,

DPI is a hint for the printing software to print the image with a certain
resolution.
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/services/wms/vendor.html

In your case for doupling the resotution you must first request more pixels by
using the same BBOX but &width=200&height=200.  Now without using the DPI
setting printing softwares would print a bigger image for you and keep the
default resolotion. By doubling the DPI setting a DPI aware program will print
the image in the original size but with double resolution.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

krwoloq

> I'm running the latest nightly build and I can't get the format_options=DPI
> working. No matter what I input, I always get the same image size...
| i.e. requests
http://localhost/geoserver/wms?service=WMS&version=1.1.0&request=GetMap&layers=somelayer&bbox=468463,5069913,468563,5070013&width=100&height=100&srs=EPSG:3765&format=image%2Fgif&format_options=dpi:300
and
http://localhost/geoserver/wms?service=WMS&version=1.1.0&request=GetMap&layers=somelayer&bbox=468463,5069913,468563,5070013&width=100&height=100&srs=EPSG:3765&format=image%2Fgif&format_options=dpi:150

return the same images...What am I doing wrong?

Regards!