Hi

I have been trying to cascade a WMS through our GeoServer.

When adding a WMS store I am getting the following error message:

"Connection test failed: Connection refused: connect"

I have tried numerous publicly accessible WMS but all give the same
error. I have checked verbose logging but there doesn't seem to be
anything logged.

GeoServer is version 2.1.3 running through Tomcat but to rule out any
network blocking/proxy issues with the machine I have also installed
GeoServer 2.2 on my local Windows 7 machine using Jetty and that is
giving the error.

Cascading our internal WMS through my locally installed GeoServer works
fine.

The WMS urls I have tried all produce a valid GetCapabilities document
when opened in a browser or QGIS.

An example URL I've been trying is:

http://maps.bgs.ac.uk/ArcGIS/services/BGS_Detailed_Geology/MapServer/WMS
Server?service=WMS&version=1.1.1&request=GetCapabilities&

I have tried various combinations with/without parameters on the end and
all give the same result.

I would be very grateful if anybody has any ideas.

Thanks

Tom