From: Aitor Freire Astray [mailto:aitor.fre...@gmail.com]
Sent: 19 December 2012 12:59
To: Max Stephan
Cc: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Geoserver-users] hide features

Hi Max,

I'll try to do it.

Thanks!!

2012/12/19 Max Stephan <max.step...@gmx.net<mailto:max.step...@gmx.net>>
Hi,

I don´t know which kind of GetFeatureInfo-format GeoExplorer is using. There
are two main types available:

a)      You get the getFeatureInfo from Geoserver in HTML-format. Geoserver is
creating the layout based on the GetFeatureInfo-templates (see
http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/tutorials/GetFeatureInfo/index.html
for more on this). If you want to remove certain attributes from the response
you can simply create a custom FeatureInfo-template for the specific layer

b)      The client itself (in this case geoexplorer) is responsible for the
layout and receives only the raw data from Geoserver (i.e. all attributes and
their values plus maybe also the geometry). As far as I know there´s no
possibility to limit which features/attributes shall be displayed in your
GetFeatureInfo other than removing them from the data itself.

Best regards
Max Stephan