Hi,
I have a Oracle layer that I've added. In the "tile caching" I've
associated it with a Gridset. The problem is, the gridset bounding box
doesn't in any way shape or form overlap the actual layer bounding box. As
GeoServer knows the BBox of both layers, shouldn't it warn the user of this?

Further:
As I hadn't at this point realised my mistake, I went to "tile layers" and
"seed/Truncate" and had GeoServer create lots of tiles for me for this
layer. Needless to say, all of them are completely blank.

I realise this is user-error, but is it considered a bug given GeoServer
lets the user do something that silly but probably shouldn't? At the very
least it should tell the user the bounding boxes don't overlap.
Cheers,
Jonathan

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain
sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and should be
handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to
anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the
sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us,  including without
limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in
accordance with relevant legislation.